Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 01.04.2020
This website is operated by Motley London Ltd. Registered in England No. 11029083
Our postal address is: Motley London, 25 Horsell Road, N5 1XL, London, United Kingdom
In these terms and conditions:
- 'motley-london.com' and 'Motley London' means Motley London Ltd, Registered in England, Company Registration Number 11029083
- 'our', 'we' and 'us' means Motley London and, where applicable, its employees, affiliates and authorised agents; and
- ‘products’ means any item sold by Motley London
- 'you' and 'your' means you, the user or viewer of our website and the purchaser, customer and consumer of our product
- 'website' means motley-london.com
- ‘Motley Pioneers’ refers to the Motley Pioneers scheme, which is a loyalty scheme for Motley customers
- ‘Pioneer member’ refers to anyone who has registered by providing their email address and password for Motley Pioneers
- ‘new customer’ means an individual who has not previously purchased from Motley before
- ‘The Trove’ refers to any products on our website that are currently sold in motley-london.com/collections/trove
- ‘products within The Trove’ refers to any products currently sold in motley-london.com/collections/trove
2. Orders & Payment
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability.
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the items that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. After this time, the order may still be rejected at our discretion. If your order is rejected or your item becomes unavailable we contact you as soon as possible to inform you and you will be offered a full refund.
We reserve the right not to accept your order or to refuse to process a transaction at any time at our discretion. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between you and us on these Terms and Conditions.
3. Your Details
By providing us with your details to make a purchase you understand and agree that:
- You will provide us with truthful personal information about yourself and will keep this information accurate and current
- You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission and you will not share your account details with anyone else or do anything else to jeopardise the security of your account
4. Price and Payment
The prices payable for the products that you order are as set out in our website. If you fail at any time to pay any charges due in accordance with these terms and conditions we may, in our discretion and without prejudice to our other rights, refuse to provide you with our products. We need not provide you with advance notice in such circumstances.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a confirmation of sale.
Despite our best efforts, sometimes our products may be incorrectly priced. Where there is a discrepancy in price, and the stated price is less than the correct price for the products we will contact you for instructions before delivery or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. Where the stated price is more than the correct price, we will charge you the lower amount when making delivery to you.
The price of Goods does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process before you confirm your order. Please refer to our Delivery and Returns page for further details of delivery charges.
We use Shopify to process payments through our website and do not make any representation or warranty with regard to their service.
We have made every effort to make clear whether the quoted prices for items available through our site include any relevant tax and/or duty or do not. Where in any case it is not clear please note before you make an order that you might be required to bear a liability to tax or duty (for example customs duties) imposed by operation of law that is in addition to the price.
6. Returns, Refunds & Cancellation
If you are not happy with your purchase, simply notify our Customer Services team via care @motley-london.com within 30 days of receiving the product . You will then be entitled to a refund from Motley London.
You must return the item(s) in the same condition in which you received them, with their original packaging. This will be at your own cost unless the return is organised by Motley London in which case collection and return is ordinarily free of charge. You are asked to take reasonable care with the items.
A full refund excluding any applicable delivery costs will be processed within 14 days of us receiving the returned items.
Personalised / engraved items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
We invest in the production of our pieces so that they’re made to last. All jewellery is covered by a three year guarantee from the date of purchase (under normal conditions of wear and tear). During this three year period, Motley will repair issues under normal conditions of standard wear and tear free of charge on receipt of valid proof of purchase.
7. Promotions and offer codes
To redeem a promotion or offer code ("Code"), insert the Code in the "Voucher / Offer Code" box on the Shopping Bag page of the Site and click "Update". If valid, the Code will be applied.
In addition to any Code specific terms and conditions, the following conditions apply to all Codes:
- Only one code can be used per Order
- Codes can only be applied to full price items
- Codes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative is available
- Orders must be made prior to 23:59 BST on the closing or expiry date of the Code (if one is specified)
- All offers and promotions are dependent on stock availability
- Offer codes and promotions may be amended or removed at any time
- If any purchases bought as part of a promotion are returned, the customer will receive a refund of the total value paid shown on their purchase receipt.
- Codes are not applicable to products contained with The Trove.
8. Motley Pioneers
8.1 Earning Pioneer Currency
- In order to earn Pioneer Currency ("Coins"), you are required to register to join the Motley Pioneers scheme, which involves providing your email address and a password.
- Pioneer Coins are earned by referring a new customer who has not purchased with Motley before, who subsequently makes a purchase.
- A referral is counted from when the customer holding an email address you have supplied makes a purchase.
- The number of referrals you can make is unlimited.
- A Pioneer Coin is worth £1. A Pioneer Coin is not real currency, and is not transferrable for cash.
- For every referral you make, you will earn 10 Pioneer Coins.
- Motley reserves the right to change this value at any time, although the value accrued from previous transactions will not change.
- Your available Pioneer Currency will be displayed in your Account page. If the new customer you have referred returns their purchase, the Pioneer Currency you earned based on this referral will be deducted from your count.
- Pioneer Currency will expire after 12 months.
8.2 Spending Points
- To use your Pioneer Currency, go to your Account page and copy the voucher code. Apply this code at the checkout as per a usual voucher code. (We know this is a clunky process – we’re working on it).
- You can use your Pioneer Currency to pay for part or all of your transaction.
- You cannot use your Pioneer Currency in conjunction with another discount.
- As a referee, you will earn a % credit deduction upon receiving a referral and making a purchase. This % will be displayed to you in the referral email and homepage
8.3 Nature of the Scheme
- You need to be 18 or over to register for Motley Pioneers
- Any behaviour that looks like fraud will result in your account being suspended.
- If a Pioneer member has not earned or redeemed Pioneer credit for 36 consecutive months, all Points that have accrued to that date will expire.
- We can change the nature of the Pioneers scheme, credit and terms at any point. We will give you reasonable notice if this happens.
9. The Trove
No additional promotions and / or discount codes can be applied to products which already have a discount applied to them within The Trove.
Access to The Trove can only be gained by social sharing with one person. Motley London reserves the right to revoke access to those who have not shared the link to The Trove.
Products within the Trove are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
10. Gift Card
The term “gift card” refers to both a Motley physical gift card and Motley E-gift card, except where explicitly stated otherwise.
Motley reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of a gift card at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of a Motley gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. A Motley gift card remains the property of Motley. Motley maintains the right to cancel the card in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so.
Gift cards are valid for 24 months from the date of purchase.
The maximum amount that an individual gift card can hold is £300; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers.
E-gift cards can be sent on a specific date or time. Please leave a note should you want us to do this, this can be up to 14 days in advance of the date.
It is a document for use by the holder. If a gift card is lost or stolen, Motley is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Motley cannot be held responsible for any balance lost on a gift card as a result of theft or fraud.
A gift card cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
Gift cards are instantly activated, once received no further action is needed.
If you want to use your E-gift card to pay at a Motley pop-up you can print it or show it on your mobile device.
If your purchase exceeds the amount on your gift card, you can combine it with any other payment method available in your country/region.
Gift cards can be used across multiple purchases, provided there is still a balance remaining on the card.
Credit dependent, gift cards cover the full basket value inclusive of postage.
If an E-gift card is associated with your customer account, then you can check the balance by using the link provided in the gift card email. For customers without accounts, please contact us and we’ll get back to you advising of the balance available.
You cannot use a gift card to purchase another gift card.
Most discount codes cannot be applied to gift cards. The exception is a product specific discount code where the product is a gift card.
Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted; this is usually the same working day if the item is in stock. In any event, delivery will be made within 30 days of your order. The products are at your risk from the time your delivery is signed for.
International orders may be subject to the payment of import duties and taxes. You are responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
A delivery fee may be charged in addition to the cost of the goods purchased. The delivery fee in respect of your order with us will be advised to you at the time your order is made.
Motley London is liable if the goods are damaged or lost in transit but you will need to contact our customer service team within 7 days of ordering ([email protected]). If your product is damaged in transport, whether the damage is visible or hidden it must be reported immediately to Motley London within 24 hours of receiving your product. It is therefore important that you carefully examine your package when it arrives. Defective products returned to Motley London will be treated as if they were in perfect working order when shipped as all our products are inspected when they are packaged. In the case of faults or defects in the product supplied, the purchaser shall not be entitled to reject the product unless such faults or defects are reported within 30 days of placing the order. If the goods are lost or damaged when returning the product the customer is liable.
12. Consumer Rights
As a consumer you have the right to cancel a contract at any time within 30 days, beginning on the day after you received the products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our returns policy.
To cancel a contract, you must inform us in writing and return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products whilst they are in your possession.
Your statutory rights are unaffected.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to our site or any part of our site without notice (including blocking IP addresses) and to decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
14. Links to other sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in our site will take you outside our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our site.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
16. Trade marks
All trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in our site are our property or that of their respective owners.
17. Accuracy and Product Representation
We do our best to showcase our products as authentically as possible. We have taken care with the descriptions and specifications of our products and to reproduce colours and styles accurately on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. We provide detailed measurements and descriptions to ensure you are well informed about the proportions and size of our products before making your purchase.
Occasionally, due to varying monitor sizes, the sizing and proportion may not be shown to actual size. We provide detailed measurements and descriptions to ensure you are as well informed as possible before making your purchase.
We reserve the right at any time without notice to revise the content of our site (including the goods and/or services offered by us) and these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on our site and by continuing to use our site following any such change you will signify that you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions of use.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Motley London ## and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
19. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods and/or services you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to services delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
20. Exclusions and Limitations
You use our website at your own risk.
We are providing this site on an 'as is' basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties.
We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
We do not represent or warrant that access to our site, or any part of it will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault free.
We do not represent or warrant to you that our site or any of its contents will be accurate, complete, reliable or useful. We are not and cannot be responsible for content posted, transmitted or shared on our website.
We do not represent or warrant that:
- any goods and/or services (whether or not provided by us) will be provided with due care and skill; or
- any goods and/or services (whether or not provided by us) will be of merchantable quality or will be fit for any purpose (even if that purpose has been previously notified to us).
We make no representation or warranty that our site is safe to use. You agree to take a reasonable degree of caution in using our website.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to our site or any information on our site;
- the unavailability of our site (or any part of it), or its services;
- any delay in providing, or failure to provide or make available goods and/or services or any negligent provision of services;
- any services not being of merchantable quality or fit for their intended purpose; or
- any misrepresentation on or relating to our site, the services (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by us or on our behalf).
In no event shall we be liable for any damages and/or losses whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of our website, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, loss of data, loss of income or profits, damages for loss of or damage to property and/or any other damages resulting from use of our website.
Our maximum liability to you in respect of your use of our site or any services we provide or make available to you through or in relation to our website is limited to the purchase price of the products you purchased.
You agree that each of these limitations is reasonable having regard to the nature of our site and in particular given that when you purchase goods and/or services through our site you will enter into a separate contract in each case.
None of the exclusions or limitations in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded. However, in such case our obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the re-supply of our site, or its service to you.
Each of the above exclusions or limitations shall be construed as a separate, and severable, provision of these terms and conditions.
You agree to indemnify and hold Motley London Ltd harmless from all loss, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) made by any third party that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or through a machine on which you access our website.
22. Waiver and Invalidity
Failure on our part to enforce any part of these Terms and Conditions will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing and signed by us.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
23. Privacy and Use of Your Information
24. Complaints & Disputes
Sometimes things go wrong, and when they do, we’re keen to resolve them as soon as possible. In the event of a complaint or dispute then you should raise the matter by emailing our Customer Support team via [email protected] who will do their best to get this resolved quickly.
Should we be unable to resolve a complaint that you make to us within eight weeks then you can take your complaint to The Retail Ombudsman. This is an independent organisation, which provides Alternative Dispute Resolution for consumers and retailers. You can contact them via www.theretailombudsman.org.uk or via email to [email protected]
25. Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
26. Transfer of Business
We may freely assign all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Governing Law
27. Governing Law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
28. Entire Agreement
Legal questions, jargon, anything else – please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help.
29. Instagram Competition, 8th April 2020, #motleymademedoit
The promoter is: Motley London Ltd (company no. 11029083) whose registered office is at 25 Horsell Road, London, N5 1XL.
- The competition is open to international participants aged 18 years or over except employees of Motley London and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: to enter, submit your photo on Instagram using the hashtag #motleymademedoit. By doing so you allow Motley London permission to use your content across all marketing channels in perpetuity.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 31st May 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as follows: one piece of jewellery from the Motley London collection up to the value of £150. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by Motley London.
- The winner will be notified by DM on Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Motley London and not to any other party.